Aviva Blog Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » Utah » Payson

The Mormons settled Payson, Utah in Utah County in 1850 and dedicated the Payson Tabernacle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1872. It was originally called Peteetneet, in honor of the nearby Peteetneet Creek but in 1851, it was named Payson after James Pace, one of the original settlers’ families.

Regular Blogs