Aviva Blog Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » Texas » Farmers Branch

Farmers Branch is located in Dallas County, Texas. In 1842, Isaac Webb, William Cochran, and Thomas Kennan were given land grants in the area where Farmers Branch now sits. They established a community named Mustang Branch in 1843. William Cochran renamed it Farmers Branch in 1845, in order to be more indicative of the rich farmland soil that was there. Isaac Webb was the first postmaster in town, and he established the first church in Dallas County. It has functioned as a bedroom community for Dallas, Texas for decades.

Regular Blogs